River Spey Expedition
“Steeped in history, nature and nestled amongst beautiful countryside the Spey must surely be on every canoeist’s tick list!”
- This is a brilliant Scottish river trip, perfect for beginners to advanced paddlers.
- Breathtaking scenery, secluded wild camp sites, camp fire cookery and the chance to spot wildlife such as deer, otters, kingfishers, osprey are all part of the expedition itinerary
Included in cost: All specialist equipment and instruction. On the expedition all food and drinks will be provided. Also included – your last night’s accommodation in a hotel, evening meal (drinks will not be included in this) and breakfast the following morning. Transport back to start point.
This is a grade two river that drains the northern half of the Cairngorms National Park in Scotland.
We join the Spey at Kin Craig on a small sheltered loch, and descend over 5 days through single malt country to Spey bay where it joins the sea.
After a flat-water skills session, we head off down-river to learn canoe handling skills on the swift waters of the Spey. This is an exciting white-water canoe journey that will leave you with a wide repertoire of paddle strokes and a high degree of river sense.
The Spey descent provides an opportunity to experience the outdoors in the true spirit of adventure. Steeped in history, nature and nestled amongst beautiful countryside the Spey must surely be on every canoeist’s tick list!
Click on the following link for an Example Expedition Menu
- Meet at Cairngorm Hotel, Aviemore, PH22 1PE on Sunday at 9.30am.
- 5 days paddling from Sunday – Friday. Wild camping in the evenings.
- On Thursday evening, we will return back to the Cairngorm Hotel, were we will be spending the night to celebrate the end of our journey.
- We will depart for home the following morning (Friday) after a hearty breakfast!
Regarding payment, we only require a 25% deposit to be paid on booking, and the remaining balance is to be paid 3/4 weeks before the trip departure date.
Once clients have booked, we send a payment invoice receipt accordingly, email a recommended kit list ( some items of equipment we can provide), finalise/confirm meeting instructions, and advise on transport options too.
Hope you can join us!
- Activity Grade: Moderate / Difficult
- Ages:Minimum age 18
- Suitability: Previous canoeing experience required
- Time:Sunday 17th – Friday 22nd September 2018. 22nd – 27th September 2019
- Where to meet: Cairngorm Hotel, Aviemore (Click for map)
- What to wear: Check our Kit Lists
- Availability:Please use our availability calendar below, if you can’t find a date that suits you please give us a call!