From stick to spoon; everyone needs a spoon! Beginning with a piece of green timber you will learn how to use the necessary tools to create a useful and attractive utensil to take home.
Starting with a run through of safe basic knife and axe skills, we will then cover timber selection, cleaving and choice of tools.
Having selected our wood we will mark up and rough out a blank using a hand axe. For the finished shape a straight bushcraft knife will be used and finally a curved crook knife to form the bowl.
All materials and tools will be provided. Bring your own lunch and snacks, we will have a fire and a brew pot on the go.
This course will be run by David Alty. A woodsman at heart, David is never happier than when out in the woods, a whittling project on the go, an open fire blazing and supper in the pot.
With his wealth of experience and having studied hard at the university of life, David is a valuable asset to the instructor team at Keswick Canoe and Bushcraft
- Activity Grade:Easy
- Ages:Minimum age 12 years
- Suitability:Suitable for beginners
- Time:10:00am – 4:30pm
- Where to meet:Whinlatter Bushcraft Site ( Click for map)
- What to wear:Check our Kit Lists
- Price: Adults £50
- All children under 18yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
- Availability:Please use our availability calendar below, if you can’t find a date that suits you please give us a call!