Canoe and Bushcraft Day
The open canoe and the ethos of bushcraft go together perfectly – Marrying impact free travel to reach areas unattainable by any other means, with the self sufficient, low impact tradition of bushcraft!
This is not a survival course! But a fun, and educational day journeying in our stable open boat canoes to venues on and around the lake, learning basic but essential skills of canoeing and bushcraft, as well as promoting an understanding of the natural environment.
We will provide all specialist equipment and instruction.
- Practice skills such as tree and plant identification.
- Wood collection and preparation.
- How to use a kelly kettle and flint and steel.
- Learn about different types of shelters.
This adventure is for everyone! Suitable for beginners .
Our bushcraft and canoe days take place on stunning Derwentwater and venues around the lake. Keswick. Lake District National Park.
- Activity Grade:Easy
- Ages:Minimum age, 6 years.
- Suitability:Suitable for all
- Time:Duration 6 1/2 hours.
- Where to meet: Derwent Water lake shore (
- What to wear:Check our Kit Lists
- Price: £65
- All children under 18yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
- Availability:Please use our availability calendar below, if you can’t find a date that suits you please give us a call!