Overnight Wilderness Canoe Journey
This is an unforgettable voyage and a perfect introduction to the joy of travelling by canoe”
This trip has been recommended by ‘The Sunday Times’
This is an expedition style journey with an overnight wild camp that will take you to the most secluded areas that our local waterways have to offer. No experience is necessary and you don’t have to be a hardened outdoorsy type to enjoy this fun and educational voyage.
- You will learn how to pack your equipment and keep it dry, then load your canoe, together with food enough for the trip, before setting out on to the lake to learn how to manoeuvre your boat or develop the paddling skills you may already have.
- Paddling across lakes and easy river sections will give you the opportunity to spot wildlife such as kingfishers, buzzards, herons and otters as well as practicing manoeuvres on moving water.
- Arriving at camp will give you the chance to put skills into practice as you pitch your tarp, bivi or tent before settling down for traditional camp fire cookery and share stories around the fire.
- In the morning we will cook and enjoy a leisurely breakfast before breaking camp and paddling or sailing our canoes across the lake to our transport at the end point.
Wilderness camping provides a real opportunity to experience the outdoors in the true spirit of adventure with tuition on basic bushcraft and camp craft skills.
Regarding payment, all we require is a 25% deposit in the first instance to secure the booking and the remaining balance will be due 28 days before the course start date.
We can run this course for private groups and corporate companies.
- Activity Grade:Moderate
- Ages:Minimum age 10 years
- Suitability:Suitable for all
- Time:10:00am – 1:30pm next day
- Where to meet: Derwent Water Lake shore (
- What to wear:Check our Kit Lists
- Price: Adults £160
- All children under 18yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
- Availability:Please use our availability calendar below, if you can’t find a date that suits you please give us a call!