Shelters, Flint and Steel, Firelighting and Toasted Marshmallows!
“A fun, practical day learning basic but essential skills of bushcraft, as well as developing an understanding of the natural environment”
On this 1/2 day family friendly session, you will build a shelter from only natural materials, use a flint and steel to make sparks, and light tinder you have collected amongst the woodland.
Then you’ll celebrate your success with marshmallows toasted over the fire! Delicious!
This is a fun, practical day learning basic but essential skills of bushcraft, as well as developing an understanding of the natural environment.
We provide all specialist equipment and instruction.
- Activity Grade:Easy
- Ages:Minimum age 6 years
- Suitability:Suitable for beginners
- Time:3 hours.
- Where to meet:Whinlatter Bushcraft Site (
- What to wear:Check our Kit Lists
- Price: Everyone £30
- All children under 18yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
- Availability:Please use our availability calendar below, if you can’t find a date that suits you please give us a call!