Introduction to Canoeing
This is a 2 day course for those wanting and requiring a thorough grounding in fundamental skills, foundation canoe strokes and safety and rescue to enable progression and increased confidence.
We will also look at and discuss canoe design, paddle choice, history of canoeing, essential kit and equipment, outfitting and packing and canoe sailing. You will paddle tandem and also get the chance to paddle solo.
This course includes 2 full days canoe coaching on Derwentwater and all specialist equipment (canoes, buoyancy aids, paddles etc). We will provide biscuits and hot drinks will be on offer throughout each day.
What’s not included: Your meals and cold drinks throughout the day and accommodation.
- Activity Grade:Easy
- Ages:Minimum age 10 years.
- Suitability:Suitable for beginners and developing canoeists.
- Time:9am to 5pm,
- Where to meet: Keswick (
- What to wear:Check our Kit Lists
- Price: £150 per person, £280 for 2 persons
- All children under 18yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
- Availability:Please use our availability calendar below, if you can’t find a date that suits you please give us a call!