Introduction to Moving Water
This is a 2 day course that will take your existing paddling skills and transfer them to moving water.
We will look at understanding and reading the river. Practice river running tactics, traditional skills (poling, lining and tracking), breaking in, breaking out, ferry gliding and safety and rescue. We will also look at canoe outfitting, specific safety equipment and river grading.
This course includes 2 full days canoe coaching on Derwentwater and all specialist equipment (canoes, buoyancy aids, paddles etc). We will provide biscuits and hot drinks will be on offer throughout each day.
What’s not included: Your meals and cold drinks throughout each day and accommodation.
- Activity Grade:Moderate
- Ages:Min age, 16 years.
- Suitability:Suitable for developing / flat water canoeists.
- Time:9am to 5pm.
- Where to meet: Keswick (
- What to wear:Check our Kit Lists
- Price: £160 per person, £300 for 2 persons.
- All children under 18yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
- Availability:Please use our availability calendar below, if you can’t find a date that suits you please give us a call!