This iconic mountain is probably the most distinctive mountains in the UK and also one of the longest walk ins (25K +). So why walk? Canoe for a day and a half then make camp at the foot of the mountain. Ascend at a leisurely pace the next day and return to camp for early evening fishing or enjoying this remote area .
- A 4 day Scotland Wilderness journey, within the Inverpolly National Nature Reserve
- This Wilderness voyage encompasses the true nature of a canoe expedition, and takes us on 3 Lochs ( Cam Loch, Loch Veyatie and Fionn Loch) down rivers and a couple of portages
- Camping is remote and wild. We will make camp alongside the lochs, cook on the open fire and sleep under tarps or in tents, under the stars.
- Guided ascent of a truly remarkable and dramatic mountain – Suilven
- Fishing is also allowed on the expedition!
Included in cost: All specialist equipment and instruction. On the expedition all food and drinks will be provided. Also included – your last night’s accommodation and evening meal (drinks will not be included in this) and breakfast the following morning.
Along the route are portages to be done around waterfalls and a fish farm and if the water levels are good descending some river sections.There is usually an opportunity to make progress under sail, fish for your supper and also a chance to see absolutely nobody else!
Click on the following link for an Example Expedition Menu
- Meet Ullapool Sunday at 9.30 am.
- Drive/get a lift to the ‘Get – In’ near Elphin
- Leave civilisation behind
- 1 1/2 days paddling from Sunday – Monday early afternoon. Wild camping in the evenings.
- Ascend/Descend Suilven guided by a Mountain Leader
- Canoe and portage back to vehicles on Wednesday
- On Wednesday evening, we will be staying in accommodation in Ullapool to celebrate the end of our Scotland Wilderness adventure
- We will depart for home the following morning (Thursday) after eating a hearty breakfast!
Regarding payment, we only require a 25% deposit to be paid on booking, and the remaining balance is be paid 3/4 weeks before the trip departure date.
Once clients have booked, we send a payment invoice receipt accordingly, email a recommended kit list ( some items of equipment we can provide), finalise/confirm meeting instructions, and advise on transport options too.
Hope you can join us!
- Activity Grade:Moderate
- Ages:Minimum age 18 years.
- Suitability:Suitable for beginners
- Time:Sunday September 15th 2019.
- Where to meet:Ullapool
- What to wear:Check our Kit Lists
- Price:£495 per person
- Availability:Please use our availability calendar below, if you can’t find a date that suits you please give us a call!