This iconic mountain is probably the most distinctive mountains in the UK and also one of the longest walk ins (25K +). So why walk? Canoe for a day and a half then make camp at the foot of the mountain. Ascend at a leisurely pace the next day and return to camp for early evening fishing or enjoying this remote area .
- A 4 day Scotland Wilderness journey, within the Inverpolly National Nature Reserve
- This Wilderness voyage encompasses the true nature of a canoe expedition, and takes us on 3 Lochs ( Cam Loch, Loch Veyatie and Fionn Loch) down rivers and a couple of portages
- Camping is remote and wild. We will make camp alongside the lochs, cook on the open fire and sleep under tarps, in tents or simply under the stars.
- Guided ascent of a truly remarkable and dramatic mountain – Suilven
- Fishing is also allowed on the expedition!
Included in cost: All specialist equipment and instruction. On the expedition all food and drinks will be provided. Also included – your last night’s accommodation in private rooms in Ullapool YHA and evening meal (drinks will not be included in this) and breakfast the following morning.
Along the route there are portages to be done around waterfalls and a fish farm and if the water levels are good descending some river sections.There is usually an opportunity to make progress under sail, fish for your supper and also a chance to see absolutely nobody else!
Click on the following link for an Example Expedition Menu
- Meet Ullapool Sunday at 9.30 am.
- Drive/get a lift to the ‘Get – In’ near Elphin
- Leave civilisation behind
- 1 1/2 days paddling from Sunday – Monday early afternoon. Wild camping in the evenings.
- Ascend/Descend Suilven guided by a Mountain Leader
- Canoe and portage back to vehicles on Wednesday
- On Wednesday evening, we will be staying in private dormitories in Ullapool Youth hostel with an evening meal out to celebrate the end of our Scottish Wilderness adventure
- We will depart for home the following morning (Thursday) after eating a hearty breakfast!
Regarding payment, we only require a 25% deposit to be paid on booking, and the remaining balance is be paid 3/4 weeks before the trip departure date.
Once clients have booked, we send a payment invoice receipt accordingly, email a recommended kit list ( some items of equipment we can provide), finalise/confirm meeting instructions, and advise on transport options too.
Hope you can join us!
If anybody would like to stay Saturday night we can offer this for an Extra £30
- Activity Grade: Moderate
- Ages: Minimum age 18 years.
- Suitability:S uitable for beginners
- Time: Sunday September 18th 2022.
- Where to meet: Ullapool YHA
- What to wear:Check our Kit Lists
- Price:£495 per person
- Availability:Please use our availability calendar below, if you can’t find a date that suits you please give us a call!