1 Day Introduction to Bushcraft
Learn the fundamental techniques of knife work, wood collection and preparation, knot tying, shelter building, tree and plant identification and of course fire lighting!
This is a fun, practical day learning basic but essential skills of bushcraft as well as developing an understanding of the natural environment. You will have the opportunity to be totally hands on whilst under the supervision of one of our experienced and friendly instructors.
Practice skills such as tree and plant identification, wood collection and preparation, building shelters and of course fire lighting!
Our bushcraft days are run at our woodland site in Whinlatter forest, near Keswick.
You will cover the following:
- Shelters – Where to site natural and man made shelters, learn knot tying & make your own natural shelter.
- Plants & Trees – How to identify wild plants and trees and understanding uses.
- Fire lighting – Gather and prepare natural tinder, choose the right wood, learn how to prepare and cut wood, discover how to lay a fire, use a flint and steel, friction fire techniques and leave no trace.
- Kelly Kettle – Understand and learn how to use a Kelly Kettle to make that all important brew!
- Activity Grade:Easy
- Ages:Minimum age 10
- Suitability:Suitable for beginners
- Time:10:00am – 4:30pm
- Where to meet: Noble Knott Car Park (Click for Map)
- What to wear:Check our Kit Lists
- Price: Adults £55, Children Under 12 Years £45
- All children under 18yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
- Availability:Please use our availability calendar below, if you can’t find a date that suits you please give us a call!