Please find below our recommended kit lists for Overnight Canoe Journeys and Expeditions. Please note that this list is not exhaustive but includes everything you should need to have an enjoyable and safe time with us!
- Wear comfortable clothing for paddling in – NO JEANS. Fleece or wool is ideal.
- Wear Wellingtons or boots / trainers, you don’t mind getting wet [no sandals/flip flops]
- Bring a 2nd FULL set of clothes to paddle in – as above.
- Warm hat and gloves
- Waterproofs – trousers and jacket with hood.
- Comfortable boots/ shoes for evening
- Toothbrush and toiletries
- Small towel
- Personal medication
- Insect repellent
- Sun cream [you never know!]
- Sleeping bag
- A little camping pillow for luxury purposes only, not an absolute requirement!
- Tent or a Tarp and Bivi Bag
- Camping mattress
- Spoon, Bowl, Cup
- Torch and spare batteries – head torch is ideal
- Any personal favourite snacks.
- Large dry bag
- Change of clothes for last night/journey home
- Thermarest chair
- Camera and film
- Be aware with any element of fire lighting, there is a small risk of sparks, therefore please do not
- wear your best, new kit/clothing.
Please let us know if you would like us to provide equipment I.e. tent/tarp, camping mattress, dry bags etc.